Friday 12 March 2010

Fri the 12th of Mar - Humanoid

We’re all a bit down today. They had to place another catheter into Mar’s chest this morning because the first one wasn’t the right fit. Apparently she needed a medium, not a small (please forgive in advance my lousy attempts at humor).. So now Mar’s walking around with plastic stubs dangling on each side of her chest. It’s not clear to me why one wasn’t enough or why they couldn’t just adjust the first one. I don’t understand why my sister’s being turned into some android with tubes sticking out of her…Needless to say she’s very upset and so our beloved humanoid broke down last night. And this morning again when they anesthetized her to insert the tube. One doctor thought it might calm her if he showed her the size of the tube going in. Thank god a brighter and wiser nurse blocked him in his idiotic action. I can see it before me. The nurse diving in a very practiced defensive tackle yelling: “Noooooooooooooooo”. All this in slow motion for better audio-visual effect.

Mara felt so wretched they allowed her to send for one of us to comfort her. The moment we received her text message, Dad flew out the door before I could even blink. It turns out my good old half blind pop can be quite svelte! He took advantage to talk to one of the doctors. Still no news on the effect of the treatment. We’re still in the dark. All we can do is wait and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment